Sweet bites are bite sized Paniyaram which are sweet in taste. Till now I was sharing savoury breakfast recipes. However, some people like me have sweet tooth so this sweet bites recipe is dedicated to the sweet lovers. F2F appam batter is used to prepare this sweet bites or sweet paniyaram
sweet lovers. F2F appam batter is used to prepare this sweet bites or sweet paniyaram
- F2F Appam Batter – 2 cups
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup, grated
- Pinch of salt
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – 2 tablespoon
- Refined oil – 3 tablespoon
How to cook?
- Take a pan and add jaggery and water together under low heat. Allow the jaggery to melt properly. There should not be any lump otherwise you need to strain it.
- Now add the liquid jaggery into the appam batter. Mix it very well.
- Next add a pinch of salt and cardamom powder and mix once again.
- Heat a paniyaram pan on high heat. Add two to three drops of oil in each duct.
- Once the oil is hot, take ladle full of batter and add to each duct and reduce the heat. Cover the pan with a lid.
- After few minutes when the bottom part is cooked slowly turn the other side and add a drop of oil in each duct again and wait for 1 to 2 minutes to cook the other side.
- Now take them out slowly when both sides are nice golden brown in colour.
- Follow the same procedure for the next batch.
- And serve them either with chutney or drizzle some chocolate sauce on top
- Please Note: Sweet Bites has been prepared using Farmz2Familiez Appam batter during Plattershare’s BellyNirvana campaign by HomeChef Amrita Roy