“Handvo” Is a very popular gujarati Dish. which is made up of combination of dry rice and dal and prepared by Baking/Steaming. I have tried different version of the veggie handva using Multi grain IDLI Batter. To maintain the consistency added semolina. Cooked it on TAVA with closed lead. Came out really wonderful !!!
- Multi Grain IDLI Batter: 1 Cup ( We used Farmz2FamilieZ ready to use Batter).
- Semolina (Sooji): 1/2 Cup
- Curd: 2 Tbspn.
- Water as required.
- Crushed Fresh Green Peas: 1/2 Cup
- Crushed Corn: 1/2 Cup
- Green Chilly/Garlic Paste: 2 tspn
- Salt to Taste
- Dry Fenugreek seeds: 1 Tspn
- Cooking Soda: Pinch of it.
- Turmeric Powder: Pinch of it.
- Oil to sallow fry.
- sesame seeds: 2 Tbspn.
How to cook?
- In a mixing bowl, Mix Semolina and Curd and mix it well. Keep it aside for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the veggies, chilly garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt into Multi Grain IDLI Batter. Mix it well. Add Semolina Mixture to it and mix well. Keep on adding water as required to make pouring consistency.
- Heat oil on a flat pan. Sprinkle some sesame seeds. Spread the batter on the Pan and Cover a pan with the lead. let it cook for a while. Shallow fry it both the sides until brown.
- Serve it hot with the Hung Curd or any Deep. ENJOY !!!
Note: Multi Grain Batter Contains: Rice, Urad Dal, Pearl Millet (Bajara), Finger Millet(Raagi),Jowar, Whole Green Gram, Black & White ChickPeas