Medu vada or Uzhunnu vada is one of the most popular breakfast dishes of South India. It is usually served along with idlis in restaurants, with sambar and chutney. I have prepared these delicious Medu vadas using freshly ground Farmz2Familiez Medu Vada Batter. They turned out to be crispy on the outside, and soft and fluffy in the inside. They could be prepared in a jiffy by just mixing up all the ingredients and frying in oil. No soaking or grinding is needed as you get fresh, premium quality, no-preservative medu vada batter from Farmz2Familiez.
Ingredients & Quantity
- Farmz2Familiez Medu Vada batter 1 cup
- Green chili 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Onion 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves 1 sprig (chopped)
- Black pepper balls 7-8
- Salt as required
How to cook?
- Take the batter in a bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Apply water on your palms and take a spoonful of the batter in your palms.
- Make a small hole at the center and drop carefully into the oil.
- Cook on medium flame, and flip once.
- Fry until they turn golden brown in color.
- Remove from flame and place on a tissue paper to remove excess oil, if any.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.