Jackfruit paniyarm or jackfruit appe is a popular South Indian dish. How about preparing it with idli/dosa batter? Yes, these sweet little paniyarams made using Farmz2Familiez White Idli/Dosa Batter came out tasty with a lovely aroma. I have used fresh chopped jackfruit, grated coconut and powdered jaggery with a dash of crushed cardamom. The blend of these ingredients were just amazing. You may use chopped bananas instead of jackfruit. This is a quick, mess-free and tasty breakfast option.
- Farmz2Familiez White Idli/Dosa Batter 1 cup
- Ripe jackfruit 3 carpels (finely chopped)
- Powdered jaggery 1/4 cup
- Crushed cardamom 1/4 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Grated coconut 2 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Baking soda 1/4 tsp
How to cook?
- Take the batter in a bowl and sprinkle little water and mix.
- Then add all the other ingredients, except oil, to this and mix well.
- Heat oil in the appe pan.
- Once the oil is hot, pour the batter into each of the appe mould.
- Flip the sides carefully after 2-3 minutes and cook until they turn golden brown in color.
- Remove from flame and lace on a tissue paper to remove excess oil, if any.
- Serve hot.