Thanks to Plattershare’s BellyNirvana Program and Farmz2Familiez delicious Appam batter, I tried a new recipe that I was planning to for a while now – These bite-sized appams are addictive for breakfast and snacking ! Because the batter as well as the topping contains a mix of finely ground pre-cooked spiced soya-chana dal mix which blends in beautifully with the subtle flavour of coconut in the batter.
- 1 cup Appam batter
- 1/2 cup finely ground and cooked soya-chana dal mince
- 1 tsp salt
- For the soya – chana dal mix : 2 tbsp of chana dal
- 1/2 cup soya
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- Salt as per requirement
How to cook?
- Add the salt to the Appam batter and keep it aside
- Boil the soya and chana dal together.
- Add the chilly and salt to the soya-chana dal mixture and grind well.
- Add the mix to the appam batter.
- Spoon the batter into the idli moulds which are greased with ghee.
- Steam for 20 minutes and serve hot.